Skippy?s Pre-School Room
Our pre-school room (Skippy’s) caters for children from 2yrs 8 months - 5 years and is homely and comforting, yet bright and spacious. The staff provide lots of opportunities for learning through varied activities i.e threading, cutting, painting, drawing etc supporting children in developing at their own pace.
Observations are carried out on each child and individual learning planned to enable your child to achieve targets and nurture them through the Early Years Foundation Stage. ’.
By means of developmentally appropriate play activities and a high level of adult input, we offer a curriculum, which enables children to progress towards early learning goals and prepares them for commencing Primary school.
The curriculum covers 7 areas of Learning and development for your child as follows:
Children should mostly develop the 3 Prime areas first..these are: *Communication & Language; *Physical development; and *Personal, social & emotional development. These prime areas are those most essential for your child's healthy development and future learning. As children grow, the prime areas will help them develop skills in 4 specific areas. These are: *Literacy; *Mathematics; *Understanding the world; and *Expressive arts and design. These 7 areas are used to plan your child's learning and activities. Our Professionals teaching and supporting your child will make sure that activities are suited to your child's unique needs. This is a bit like a curriculum in primary and secondary schools, but it's suitable for very young children, and is designed to be really flexible to that staff can follow your child's unique needs and interests.
We provide our pre-school children with a large selection of suitable indoor and outdoor equipment, toys and books giving vast learning opportunities providing stimulation for all aspects of your child’s development and they will have great fun learning through play.
- Staff to child ratio 1:4, 1:6 or 1:8 (dependant on the daily age range)
- Caters for 20 children
- Sleep facilities
- Adjoining children’s toilets (promoting independence)
- Range of age related toys, games and activities
- Free choice play
- Structured activities that are flexible to meet individual needs
- Early Years Foundation Stage guidelines followed
- Key worker system
- 4 week rotating nutritional freshly prepared menu and snacks
- Outdoor secure garden
- Regular walks
- Free / government funded places 2, 3 and 4 year olds available. Up to 15/30 hours per week, per child. Book Places NOW to avoid disappointment. Morning sessions - 08.30am to 11.30pm or afternoon sessions 12.30pm to 3.30pm. Alternatively morning sessions 9am - 1pm to include lunch or variable timings. (ask for details). For parents who wish to book a full day - please ask for details.
- Extended School day funded sessions are availble from 08.30am-3.30pm, with a cost just for lunch! Full cooked lunch is then included.. Very popular with working parents, so please book in advance to avoid disappointment.